- "I consider the people in the Mountain West to be extremely fortunate in having one of the most experienced and effective speech pathologists in the nation available to those of us who stutter. I firmly believe that any person who stutters can quickly be taught, under the direction of Mr. Gurrister, how to be reasonably fluent." -John H., stutterer
- "I would refer any of my friends to the Wasatch Speech and Language Center. We have been able to help my son's stutter virtually disappear. Tom is great with kids, and has a way of making everyone feel comfortable. T Tom has taught us as parents how we can continue treatment at home, and helps us understand how and why we use specific approaches. Thanks." -Dave C.
- "Tom worked with two of my children who exhibited symptoms of stuttering and now the speak perfectly fluently. He is very personable and made my children feel comfortable working with him. Maria is also a very well regarded therapist and helped another child work on his 's' sound. We would definitely recommend anyone to Wasatch Speech and Language Center." -John G.
- "Our son's stuttering has neurological root causes (causes that were poorly diagnosed and treated by other "specialists"). Tom recognized Hunter's unique requirements and armed him with the tools necessary to manage and even excel in his fluency. Hunter has learned to accept his stuttering-- a crucial first step in such therapy-- and continues to practice Tom's techniques. In the process, Tom has also boosted Hunter's confidence in himself. For that too, we are grateful." -Mike and Linda Dunn
- "It is with great excitement that I write to you regarding Wasatch Speech and Language and their therapists. I have two sons who both stutter. We have been flying to Utah year after year to have our sons attend the intensive summer program for children. We live in California and have been to many therapists here and have not found such a successful program or therapy here in California as we have found at the Wasatch Speech and Language Center. The benefit that both my sons get from each summer intensive workshop and therapy with Tom Gurrister and Maria Gurrister is simply amazing. They teach my boys the tools they need to speak and smooth out their stuttering. My oldest son with the tools he has learned will stand up in front of a middle school classroom and give a speech and has also ran for student council in his school. My younger son has learning disabilities on top of his stuttering and it is quite a challenge to get him to use his skills, so it is of utmost importance that my sons get to go to the summer program each summer so that they get a refresher and keep their skills that last them through the year until the next summer we attend. We have been coming for at least the last 6 years to Utah every summer to give my boys the therapy they so desperately need." -Nichole Saslow, Moorpark, California